Today I am announcing the members of the National School Reform Agreement Ministerial Reference Group.
In March I announced an Expert Panel, led by Dr Lisa O’Brien AM, that will advise Education Ministers on the specific reforms that should be tied to funding in the next National School Reform Agreement.
This Ministerial Reference Group will be a sounding board and source of advice to the Expert Panel.
The Group will be chaired by me and includes teachers, principals, students, parent organisations, education unions, and other education experts and stakeholders.
The next Education Ministers’ Meeting will dedicate half a day for a discussion with the Expert Panel and the Ministerial Reference Group.
The names of the teachers, principals, and students on the Ministerial Reference Group will be announced closer to this meeting.
Members of the Ministerial Reference Group include:
- Teacher nominees from each State and Territory
- Student representatives from each State and Territory
- Dianne Giblin AM – CEO, Australian Council of State School Organisations
- Jenny Branch-Allen – President, Australian Parents Council
- Andrea Obeyesekere – Catholic School Parents Australia
- Alana Moller – Federal President, Isolated Children’s Parents’ Association
- Andrew Pierpoint – President, Australian Secondary Principals Council
- Sally Ruston AM – Acting President, Australian Primary Principals Association
- Matthew Johnson – National President, Australian Special Education Principals’ Association
- Anne Keary – President, Australian Council of TESOL Associations
- Correna Haythorpe – President, Australian Education Union
- Kevin Bates – Secretary, Australian Education Union
- Meredith Peace – Deputy President, Australian Education Union
- Brad Hayes – Federal Secretary, Independent Education Union
- The Hon Jacinta Collins – Executive Director, National Catholic Education Commission
- Graham Catt – CEO, Independent Schools Australia
- Doug Taylor – CEO, The Smith Family
- Travers McLeod – Executive Director, Brotherhood of St. Laurence
- Professor Linda Graham – Director, QUT Centre for Inclusive Education
- David Bromhead – Wellbeing EDvantage
- Professor Maree Teesson AC – Centre Director, The Matilda Centre – University of Sydney
- Dr Rory Gallagher/Professor David Halpern CBE – Behavioural Insights
- Skye Kakoschke-Moore – CEO, Children and Young People with Disability Australia
- Hayley McQuire – CEO, National Indigenous Youth Education Coalition
- Christopher Wardlaw PSM OLY – Deputy Chair, Non-Executive Director AITSL
- Natalie Howson – Chair, ACT Teacher Quality Institute
- Professor Alan Reid – Professor Emeritus at the University of South Australia, and Chair of the Public Education Advisory Committee
- Adjunct Professor Susan Pascoe AM – Adjunct Professor at the University of Western Australia and Chair of the Australian Council for International Development
- Robyn Evans – President, NSW Primary Principals Association
- Valerie Gould – Former Executive Director, Association of Independent Schools of Western Australia
- Professor Ruth Wallace – Dean of College of Indigenous Futures, Arts and Society, and Director of the Northern Institute, Charles Darwin University
- Dr Regan Neumann
- Dr Sally Milbourne – Former President of Tasmanian Principals Association
- Derek Scott – Chair, Australian Curriculum, Assessment and Reporting Authority
- Mark Grant PSM – CEO, Australian Institute for Teaching and School Leadership
- The Hon Fiona Nash – Regional Education Commissioner
- Associate Professor Jae Jung – Director, GERRIC – University of New South Wales
- Karen Batt – Federal Secretary, CPSU State Public Service Federation