Student Identifiers Registrar appointed
- Minister for Vocational Education and Skills
- Deputy Leader of the House
Minister for Vocational Education and Skills, Luke Hartsuyker, has welcomed the appointment of Mr Jason Coutts as the Student Identifiers Registrar.
As the Registrar, Mr Coutts is responsible for overseeing the Unique Student Identifier (USI) initiative nationally.
“Mr Coutts brings over 20 years’ experience in education sector policy and program delivery, including senior executive Australian Government roles in vocational education, higher education and international education,” Minister Hartsuyker said.
“Since its introduction at the beginning of the year, more than 3.8 million USI accounts have been created using the simple and quick online process.
“From mid-2016, the USI will provide a secure and accurate online record of transcripts for students in the training sector while also streamlining access to student training records which will benefit students, industry, training providers and governments."
The USI will:
- Strengthen the national skills data collection, providing better access to more accurate data on students that access the training system each year including better information on student pathways and completion rates.
- Unlock the power of national training data to improve the student experience, regardless of where the training is delivered.
- Benefit VET students and help Australian industry and employers to realise the value of VET training.
To apply for a free USI, visit: www.usi.gov.au.